Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Summer Project 2011 -- All in His Plan

This summer I have decided to trade in the hairnet and white lab coat at Orvs Pizza to venture down to North Myrtle Beach on a Summer Project with Campus Crusade for Christ!

If you're reading my blog, you probably know that I'm a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point. I'm absolutely loving college life! I have been so blessed after getting involved in Cru here at UWSP. The Lord has used Campus Crusade to help me grow in my faith and give me the burden to reach people for Christ. Through Campus Crusade I have learned of the unbelievable opportunity to take part in a Summer Project to North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. When I heard of such an opportunity I knew that I couldn't just waste another summer working, sleeping, and eating. This year my summer will be filled with a full time job, sharing my faith with vacationers and college students, Bible studies, and a discipleship ministry. My heart's desire is to increase my understanding of God's words, deepen my relationship with Him, and be more burdened for reaching people with the Gospel. 

Truth be told, I am both very excited and nervous at the same time. I'm very nervous and somewhat sad because this is going to be the first time in my life that I have been separated from my twin sister Adri. However I'm trying to look at this situation as a blessing in disguise. For the first time in my life people will not refer to me as Alex and Adri, the girls, or the twins. I will just simply be, Alex. I will be able to for the first time see who I am both as an individual, but more importantly who I am in Christ. 

I'm so very excited to see what the Lord has planned for me this summer and what He has planned for the peoples' lives that I may touch. I'm excited to spend the summer a block away from the beach. And I'm super excited to meet new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Right now I'm trying to raise enough support to go on this Project. It's going to cost around $3,000 for the entire summer. I've sent out support letters to develop a team of ministry partners, a group of people who would give to make my trip possible. As you can imagine, raising the necessary funds will be one of my greatest steps of faith in preparations for this summer. My pray for the support raising process has been Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
I'm so very excited to see how the Lord will bless those who bless me through supporting me on my journey this summer! There is no gift to big or too small, whether that be $1 or $100! Of course, whatever amount the Lord leads you to is the right amount. Would you prayerfully consider joining my ministry team to help bring the Lord's gospel to the world? All gifts are tax deductible and checks should be made out to Campus Crusade for Christ.

More than anything, I need your prayers as I seek to follow the Lord by participating in this summer mission trip. Please pray for strength as I venture away from my comfort zone. Pray for open ears and hearts of those we talk to this summer. Pray that everyone on my team would mesh well together and that we could serve the Lord in the best way possible.

--Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment